Homeless Men

Landry
         Similar to “Homeless”, I really enjoyed this piece of writing as well. I felt the author Bill McKibben did a good job on his fully vivid descriptions. As I was reading, I felt as if I was there with these men in the auditorium with the splintered seats and watching “Magnum P.I.” at full volume. Even without the author’s use of imagery, I could totally imagine the below freezing weather and the 22 mph winds.

         Relevant to class’s theme, I believe homeless people have everything to do with New York City. Any who is a regular commuter in NYC have seen at least one homeless person either on the trains or out on the streets. This story was written in 1982 almost 3 decades later, there are still homeless people in the streets. Sad to say, homeless-ness can even be said to be part of the New York culture (though I’m sure there are homeless people all over the states and elsewhere in other countries).