Homeless

Landry
“Home is where the heart is.”

        I love the author’s use of this cliché quote because I think it applies or had apply to everyone at least once in their life time. Most young adults, (including me as well) all desire this sense of freedom and do whatever it takes to get it. However, I think most take their homes for granted. Contrary, to the homeless lady Ann’s opinion, I think it should be a blessing to actually have a place they can go [home] to.

        But, that’s not the point of the story. The author’s point of the story was that even though most people have that materialistic place that they eat, sleep and wake up in, that place is just technically a place. She was trying to convey to the readers that home is “a place of certainty, stability, predictability, privacy, for me and for my family”.  Then she goes on to say “Homes have stopped being homes. Now they are real estate.”  I think the author does this to support Ann’s view of home. Ann is homeless but she doesn’t care because in her mind, she has that memory of the place that was once her home and that was all Ann needed.