Putting myself together

Carashay
This is the third essay I find myself liking out of the lot we got. One problem I had we the material is rhar I had to read all over the place. I find both paragraphs on one page not flowing into each other. Apart from that I really understand Kincaid because even though she didnt have a a reason for the certain things she did I relate to it because it basically trying to find yourself (not saying what was said in the passage I went through) and things that happen you dont really why you did it but you did it anyway. I think the significance of the hat and light/dark in the passage is to symbolize the cover ups and exposure one experience. There was a apart in the passage where her hat fell in the gutter and for that reason went back home. This illustrates that what she does or what should be private to her should be covered (whenever she has a hat on) and not necessarily be exposed or shared to anyone (when the wind blew her hat off her head). I also believe Kincaid even allow herself to forget it. It is evident when she said "so many many people are not as pleasing to look at in the light of the sun as they are to look at by the light of the lamp". Even though she doesnt remember the exacts of what happened in the past the hat is what allows her to go back and remember what she had been through. Kincaid even had morals ("I was brought up to marry one man and to have children with this one man and this one man would be the ..."). Even though she believed in such culture but did not follow it for whatever reason. It's just like the saying "when placed in a desperate position desperate measures are taken." But she eventually found her being- got married she had a child.