Thank you is not enough

Daeshawn Grimes
My fingers stiffened as I remembered the hand cramps from writing “I promise to be a good student and not talk in class” five hundred times.
        I have been through that experience plenty times. Having to write a phrase or a stupid little saying multiple times almost close to thousands.
        Nothings worst than the time my 7th grade teacher Ms. Ganyard embarrassed me with that punishment.
        “Okay, everyone settle down and take out your notebooks and the homework from last night. Those of you who don’t have the homework, I don’t want to hear your excuses” Ms. Ganyard said as the class became quiet.
        Knowing I didn’t do the homework, I Nervously I took out my notebook and began copying the notes on the board.
        As she came around checking everyone homework my mouth became more numb only cause I knew I had a legitimate excuse but I wasn’t going to be giving the chance to tell it.
        In such harsh breath she hollered “ So Mr. Grimes. Where is your homework? Let me guess. You didn’t do it like the rest of the class”.
        At that moment I melted and replied “No I didn’t do it”.
        “This is outrageous. Everyone that didn’t do the homework take out a sheet of loose leaf and copy the following line. When given homework I must complete it on time. Make sure it is double space and written seven hundred times with the number next to each line.”
        I raised my hand and said “Ms. Ganyard it really isn’t my fault. I had to rush my aunt to the hospital because she was giving birth”
        She shouted back sarcastically “You and everyone else in the room that didn’t do the homework”
        In tears, I whispered “I’m not lying though, you can call my mom and ask her”
        She started laughing and said “okay I will but until then get to writing”.
        It was not until I got to six hundred six that she came over and apologized for not listening to me.
        The apology was nice and all but it still cant take away the tears and sore fingers that was brought to me.

Re: Thank you is not enough

Anayka Ramos
I thought this was a good story.  It was easy for me to image every detail that you mention in your story.GOOD JOB!

                                                                                                    *Anayka Ramos

Re: Thank you is not enough

Carashay
LOL! Daeshawn, I first must say that I'm sorry for such a thing that happened. Man, teachers can be cold at times. Maybe she was upset and frustrated because you always dont do your homework(Just messing Daeshawn lol!). I liked your story I felt your anger like who wouldnt be upset because of that. She shouldve listen to you.

Re: Thank you is not enough

Landry
this reminds me of Bart from the Simpsons. I've always thought:
poor kid, always getting in trouble... haha
Teachers can be mean sometimes. I'm sure we all have our fair shares.
but I always wonder, do that writing on the board x amount of times actually impose any discipline on anyone?
-Landry

Re: Thank you is not enough

Tervana Harford
Nice story. I can definitely relate from back home days when the teacher used to give us these punishments for something the other kids do and the whole class had to pay the consequences. As the saying goes" peter pay for paul and paul pay for all". But sorry she didnt listen to what you had to say.
zyx

Re: Thank you is not enough

zyx
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Thank you is not enough

Miliai Stewart
WOW I feel bad you had to go threw that torture. When attending Catholic School as a child, my teachers would always scare us when students wouldnt do their homework that if they didnt start they will be punished stuck writing "We Will Do Our Homework When Assigned' 200 times.