The Background

Anayka Ramos
I enjoyed reading this story.I thought this story was very informative,  she talked about her family members and what they used to do back then.  For instance she mention her great grandfather being in the Boston tea party and how he was a  house builder and a contractor etc. According to the author she stated how the "little girls were taught needle work, music,drawing and the languages" and how "New York was a commercial community and how the citizens upheld two standards of importance, that of education and good manners, and the other of scrupulous probity in business and private affairs."  This story kept me engage and made me feel to know more about my family background in Panama and what my great grand parents did.