"Homeless Men" By:Bill McKibben

Anayka Ramos
I thought this was a good story! I think the purpose of this story is to inform the readers the rules in a homeless shelter and the daily routine the staff goes through with the homeless men.  Through out the story I notice one main thing the author kept repeating which is "they joined another crowded line." Like on every page that was repeated, and i'm like wow for every single thing these homeless men had to form a line and get a ticket.  The author also mentions that when the men are done eating they quickly have to leave the cafeteria  for the next person to get in and be able to eat as well.  As for the transportation they again had to form a line and get a ticket to go on a bus or a van to be able to go to the next shelter.  Bill McKibben also mention the different types of behavior from some of the men for instance Bill stated that "one man exchanged cheerful and immensely profane insults."    After reading this story I notice "The Homeless Men" and "Homeless" can relate because both talk about people who do not have  homes. I think the message the two authors was trying to point out is to be greatful of what you have now  because look at the what these men have to go through just to get a meal and a bed.  It's  hard for them!