"The Background" A Backward Glance

Landry
        I was really intrigued to finish the story when I read "It was a bright day of midwinter..." However, a couple of papers later, my eyes started to close and I became tired...

        I really enjoy the mystery that the author, Edith Wharton put in referring herself to "the little girl". I think Wharton talks about herself in third person for the purpose of so the reader can see a perspective difference from his or her owns.

        Though it wasn't an entertaining piece for me, I really thought it was cool how Wharton seems to know so much about her ancestral background.